If you've known me for a while, you know that I grew up going to Prestonwood Baptist Church. Seriously, I was one of those "church kids" who thought it was cool to hang out at church all week and weekend... I was involved in just about everything in the youth group and choir, and PBC was definitely my home away from home.
Well, ever since Ryan and I got engaged, I really wanted us to find a church that suited both of us. Sure, PBC is my comfort zone, and I know all of the ministers there so it is the "safe choice" for me. But, (and this is something I'm learning) marriage isn't all about me. :) It's about both of us. Both of our comfort zones and both of our church styles.
*A little PBC history...A couple years ago, because PBC had become so huge in numbers, they felt called by the Lord to build another campus. So, they started plans for another location called "Prestonwood North" in Prosper, Texas (very far north, basically in the middle of farm land), and recruited some of the PBC staff and ministers to lead over at that campus. So, while the new building is being built, everyone has been meeting in the gym at Prosper High School. Just to put it in perspective, the first Sunday had over 1,000 people... That's amazing.
Anyway, since we've been engaged, Ryan and I have been flip-flopping between the main campus and the north campus to see what we liked and where we felt comfortable. Well, we finally talked about it and after months of going to both churches, the decision was unanimous. Our new church home is Prestonwood North!
It is just so "us" in the church style...The ministers are young and fun, everyone can wear jeans, and we have a ton of friends on staff there that make us feel so comfortable and welcome. Since we've been married, we've really enjoyed going and being a part of their services, and I can't wait for us to get involved in their bible studies and small groups. :) I'm just so excited to see what God does through this church especially after the building is finished!
So there you have it. Our new church home. :)
If you want to see some pictures of the church life and building progress, click here.

No comments:
Post a Comment