Scout was ALWAYS next to the oven because that's where the ham was... It was pretty funny... He never let that ham out of his sight. The mothers spent their time thumbing through all 800 of our wedding prints while the men watched Indiana Jones. All in all, it was a wonderfully relaxing Mother's Day lunch, and it definitely beat a long wait at a crowded restaurant. Next up on the hostessing gig: Jen Machen's "Joyfully Pink" baby shower this weekend! It's a mother/daughter shower, and the dress code is (you guessed it) PINK! So excited to hang out with my best friends and celebrate our little munchkin, Elizabeth Joy, coming soon! One of these days, I'll calm down, but for now I'm enjoying all of the fun parties and celebrations!
This weekend we mainly stayed in and laid low because I was feeling sick. I was SO not in the mood to be sick when it's so nice outside! But, on Friday we were able to meet the Priours for the Rangers/Astros game! We had a blast, and the Rangers won! They hit more home runs than I've ever seen in a live game, so it was really exciting. But, my love of ballpark food had to be curbed because of the price. Good-ness--$4.00 for a bottle of diet coke?! $11.00 for nachos?! We still had fun, and we always love hanging out with cool people :) P.S. I'm not doing a "peace" sign because I think I'm cool... It signified TWO months of marriage!
Til next time! Y'all have a great week! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment