the no picture post


Well, this weekend was awesome. Unfortunately, I left my camera in Mom's car today so I can't upload pictures yet! *gasp!!* Anyway, I wish every weekend was a three-day weekend. It just seems like the perfect amount of time to unwind and really enjoy it.

Friday night, Ryan and I went on a super fun double date with Justin & Cathryn. We saw the new Indiana Jones movie which Ryan loved but I gave it a 3 out of 5 stars. I don't know... maybe Indy isn't for me. But it was good to see and hang out with Cat & Justin. :)

Saturday was the big shower for Machen! It started off a little weird though... As I was driving up to the Miller's house to start setting up a little early, I noticed fire trucks and cop cars right outside their house! Apparently a big SUV had gotten in a wreck and smashed into the brick fence just feet away from their house! Thankfully nobody was hurt, but how random to happen when we're having a big girlie shower in a couple hours. Anyway, the shower was so fun! We had awesome food, fun games, lots of PINK, and of course the amazing Jennifer Bush in all her pregnant glory :) Even after the shower was technically over, she and her mom stayed and talked with all of us for another 2 hours! So fun!

That night, I came home and just had a nice relaxing night in with my hubby. We just had a low-key dinner and watched the 2-hour Grey's Anatomy finale (don't even get me started on Callie & Hahn--ew!). For some reason, it was just nice to stay in and relax and have quality time together after a long (but fun) day.

On Sunday, I woke up with the sudden urge to completely clean every room in our apartment as well as do 5 loads of laundry. So.. when that urge hits, there's no stopping me. I get in "the zone" as Ryan calls it, and it's usually a multiple hour project. I totally organized/rearranged the stuff in our kitchen cabinets, our paperwork in the sun room, and our closet. Let me just tell you, AMAZING feeling to have a totally clean apartment.... not sure how long that's going to last, but still. Amazing.

That night, we met up with Dad, Dawn and Jon at La Hacienda Ranch (the same one as our rehearsal dinner!) and enjoyed a big dinner with dessert. Yum. Then we went over to their house and played with their dogs while we watched the Spurs/Laker game. Go Spurs! P.S. That's probably the last time you'll ever see that, so enjoy it while it lasts :) Gotta root for the Texas team...

Today was the girls' day out with Mom! We started out right with Starbucks, and then headed over to Linens N Things for a little shopping since I had a gift card. Then, we tried to get our nails done, but our nail place was closed--so sad! So we got lunch at Panera and decided to go to the Allen Outlet Mall for some retail therapy. First of all, who knew Memorial Day was such a popular day to go out shopping? Cuz, I sure didn't. This place was packed!!! And, it was hot outside, so we only made it to a few stores before we were ready for an air conditioned, less crowded place. So we ventured to Collin Creek Mall, hoping that it wouldn't be crowded. Alas, there were still a ton of people there. But, we had a good time walking around and enjoying the time we had together :) After that, we met up with my aunt Jeri to see Made of Honor. Such a cute movie!! All in all, it was a great day, and I always love the quality time I get with my mom.

So now, I'm NOT looking forward to starting the work week again, but duty calls. Hopefully I'll get my camera back soon so I can post some pictures (hint hint, Mom)!


No comments: