Today my mom, Ryan and I are making the 8-hour trip to White Deer, Texas! We're spending the weekend with my grandfather ("papa") while my mom attends her 32nd high school reunion. White Deer, a thriving metropolis, has a population of about 1,000 people, a main street with one or two restaurants, and a pretty cool wind farm with about 80 windmills. Most importantly, it's a place that I hold very dear to my heart because I spent many, MANY summers there visiting my grandparents with my brother. Ryan's never been before so I wanted to show him!Back in the day, we would help my grandmother bake, ride in the tractor while Papa harvested on the farm, play around in their super-cool storm cellar, drive Papa's golf cart around town (so exciting when you're not old enough to drive a real car), and play outside with our friends. They only had about 4 channels, so we watched a LOT of golf and Price is Right :) Visiting this weekend will be very different now that Grandmother is gone, and I have a feeling I'll probably be very emotional for most of the time, but it means a lot that I can share these childhood memories with my husband!
Stay tuned for more pictures of what will be a very fun weekend trip down memory lane :)

Have a good weekend! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment