the fourth.

One of my favorite new traditions that I've inherited from the McCrady family is the fourth of July at the lake. They've been doing it for forever, and this year was my third year to go (also Ryan and my 2 year dating anniversary)! Ryan's aunt Carol and uncle Tom live in Sherman on a fun lake with a huge house of animals, and they always throw a huge fourth of July bash every year for all their family and friends.

This year we brought Justin along, and I hope we didn't scare him away! The boys started the day by buying some fireworks and blowing stuff up...always a fun time. :) I wish I would have gotten pictures of the BIG fireworks show, but I was the flashlight girl. But, just imagine... hundreds of dollars worth of fireworks on the beautiful lake. Ahh so fun.

Peter's girlfriend Mikaela, Peter, cousin Jake, Ryan, me & Justin...

The boys about to blow up poor Curious George... don't they look mean!

hiding out from the rain

the lake and fun deck where the party was


a game of horseshoes: McCrady boys versus their significant others :)


Lovely sunset :)

The next day, hanging out with the animals and Jake while the family practiced their hula hooping skills

Me and my huuuuusband.

Peter and Mikaela

More hula hooping... they just can't get enough.


the colonel having a little snooze...

Gettin ready for the jetski


When Carol was coming back from being on the Viper with Jake, all of the dogs ran on to the dock to greet her... it was really cute :)

Me going on my first Viper ride... I was SO SORE for a week after this.

Right after Ryan and I tipped the jetski over. Oops.

Ryan's dad and uncle Tom after they lost their game of horseshoes

Carol and Jake playing with the last few fireworks left...

The family after the annual long drive competition... After that we played another annual tradition game--Farkel. Oh, what fun:)


We had such a fun time, and I can't wait until next year! :)

No comments: