my birthday weekend!

It's always fun when birthdays are stretched out over the course of a weekend, and in this case it was extra great because we ate at so many great restaurants (I'm sure I gained about 10 lbs) and got to see almost all of my family in one weekend! So, this post will be broken up by days so I can remember all the fun things we did :)

friday.

Since Friday was our five month anniversary and also the day before my birthday, Ryan took me to Ihop on my lunch break because he knows how much I love breakfast food! I ate so fast and felt so sick afterward, but the pancakes, eggs and hashbrowns were wonderful!

Later that day, my coworkers Crissa and Angela brought me home-made oreo cookies (so good!) and a Starbucks gift card! Then after work we met up with some other friends for a birthday happy hour at Campisis.

After that, I met up with Ryan, Dad, Dawn and Jon for dinner at Carabas... soooo good. Dad gave me some much-needed spending money so I can buy some new clothes to go with my new haircut :)

saturday.

(My actual birthday). On Saturday morning, Ryan and I ventured to the Northpark Mall area and got brunch at Panera to start the day off right :) Then we went to the mall so that I could find a cute new dress for my birthday. Well, little did we know that it was tax-free weekend, and the mall was suuuuper busy. Also, there was a Model Search going on, so there were lines everywhere full of people hoping to be the next big Dallas model, which was super annoying because it just made the mall even more crowded. But, we found a dress and quickly got out of there because I was feeling a little over-stimulated (aka claustrophobic). :)
Of course, since we were in the area, we just had to go to my favorite place ever... Sprinkles! We got a box of 4, and they were oh so delightful :)

That afternoon, I took a really long nap while Ryan watched the Olympics, and it was so relaxing! Then we got all dolled up and went out for a nice birthday dinner at the Melting Pot. We ended up staying for more than 2-1/2 hours and totally enjoyed every minute. We had a four course fondue meal starting with cheddar cheese and appetizers, then a salad, then lobster & filet, then my favorite: chocolate! It was such a nice dinner, and we had a wonderful time talking and eating a lot!

sunday.

This morning we went to our awesome Sunday School class and then met up with my family (Mom, Jon, Jeri, Chris, Christen, Brad, Roger & Suzie) and then the McCradys at Cheesecake Factory. It was such a great time of catching up with everyone and eating really really good food. So now, at home I've got a dozen homemade Oreo cookies, a Sprinkles cupcake, and half of a chocolate mousse cheesecake to eat. Ummm yeah. 10 lbs. for sure.
I am so thankful for everyone who cared about me enough to wish me a happy birthday and celebrate with me! And it's not even over yet! I can't wait to celebrate with the McCradys this week, and celebrate with Kristin, Kekoa, Ashley & Ellory this weekend! :) It's the birthday that keeps on giving...and I love it! Here's to being 24... It's going to be a good year!

No comments: