The Machens were kind enough to invite us girls (me, Steph, Allie) over for dinner so we could sit around and chat, and obviously stare at the baby :) I got to spend a lot of time holding her, feeding her, burping her--being a good auntie--and everyone said I looked like a natural doing it! It was amazing to me that when a baby is that young, you pretty much have to take care of it's every want and need no matter what. I don't know how Jen does it!! But she is an AWESOME mom, and I'm SO PROUD of her. Seems like just yesterday we were running around in GA's and wearing Veggie Tale shirts together :)
Okay enough talking... here are only the BEST pictures. I swear, I took a ton... But I'll spare everyone this time. :)
when I got there, she had just gotten finished with her bottle, so I got to be the burp girl!



after Steph fed her, she conked out for a while...and I fell in love.


then we all sat down for dinner, while she slept even more!


and then she woke up... :)




momma Bush and her little shrub.

Allie got some time with her too...

(sorry...minor interjection... just thought this was cute) Love you baby!


COOL girls...with our own little punctuation mark!

best friends

this picture made me feel all grown up...

three generations of beautiful Machen girls (well, now Bushes)

the Machen clan, minus brother Ryan

look at those sweet cheeks!!!

Allie's husband Aaron was a little rocky at first, but he got the hang of it :)


All night, I just kept taking it all in, and I was completely overwhelmed with how blessed I am to have such incredible lifelong friends. And now, we have a little shrub to add to the mix :) Times are changing...and I'm TOTALLY loving every minute.



No comments:
Post a Comment