a lovely 24 hours :)

We had such a great time in Southlake this weekend! Kristin, Ashley and I took a half day from work on Friday and met up for a time of catching up and no-limits fun. Well, there were a few limits... like our bank accounts and our diets. But hey, we had so much fun together, and have some awesome memories and inside jokes now (as if we didn't have enough!)

We started off with lunch at Brio. Do y'all remember my obsession with the salmon there? Well, it was just as good, and I was probably a little to excited to partake in its goodness. Then, we walked, walked, and walked some more while we window shopped and saw the sites. The weather was PERFECT! We made a little sugar stop at the Nothing Bundt Cake shop and split a mini cinnamon bundt cake. wonderful!

That afternoon, we got our nails done, and had no idea what we were getting ourselves into. By the time Kristin and Ashley had their feet soaking for their pedicures and I had my hands soaking for my manicure, we realized that there was only ONE person available to do all of us. Uhh.... Long story short: I got an AWFUL manicure -- in red no less -- and the girls had their feet soaking for 45 minutes before getting just as awful pedicures. However, I did manage to entertain them with my fabulous tapping skills.

After that "special" experience, we went back to the hotel to change into nicer clothes, and then we went to Taco Diner for dinner. I was a little hesitant to eat there because I'd heard mixed reviews, but after having the Mambo Taxi margarita and the AMAZING briscuit tacos, I was completely hooked! That's another thing I'll be craving for weeks. Great. Just what I need! :)

After dinner, we strolled around the town square, and thought it would be fun to go to a bar called X's and O's. Well, we sat down, took a picture, and then realized that all of the stuff on the menu was WAY too expensive and people were looking at us weird. So, we left. Glad we got our picture though! Instead of finding another place to sit and talk, we decide to go to Central Market, buy some cheap wine and angel food cake, and then go back to our hotel room for a pajama party. MUCH better idea. We sat and talked for a while and then crashed... it had been a good day.
*note: i know the below picture is essentially the exact same picture as above, but i wanted to document us running across the busy street to the Central Market... it was just memorable. so there. it's my blog, i can post two almost identical pictures if i want to. :)
This morning, we woke up and checked out of our hotel, and then we walked to Cafe Express for brunch (and had a little incident with a bee circling around us). Then we strolled around--in continuous shopping mode--and stopped at Starbucks to sit and chat under some trees for a while. Then, we went to Ann Taylor Loft, and I bought what we so lovingly called "The Perfect Thanksgiving Sweater". It was an adorable cardigan in fall-colored Argyle. LOVE IT! I'll debut it on Thanksgiving, and I can't wait to wear it!

We wrapped up the weekend with a picture, and then we all went our own ways back home. I've literally been recuperating all afternoon from all the walking and being outside all day...so here I sit on the couch while my dog eats his Santa hat (we'll leave that for another blog).

No comments: