Then last night, we were sleeping soundly in our bed (well at least I was completely conked out... I think Ryan may have been dozing off), when the fire alarm went off. But, we were both so out of it that we didn't realize it was the fire alarm for a while. It was one of the loudest things I've ever heard! We started walking from room to room to figure out where the sound was coming from (checking the security alarm, carbon monoxide detector), and of course it was coming from our bedroom--I guess we were too tired to figure that out the first time. So we walked outside to see if anybody else was having the same issue. Lo and behold, our whole building was standing outside in their PJs looking groggy and annoyed. After about 5 minutes of the really loud siren and our poor freaked out dog barking, a fire truck arrived and turned it off. I was shaking for a while after that because I was so worked up from all the frenzy! We still have no idea why the alarm went off in the first place. But I did realize that that was the first time I've talked to our neighbors before. I know that's pretty normal to not be close with your neighbors, but I wish it was different! There's even a young couple like us that live right next door to us but we're always so busy and don't really take the time to get to know each other. Come to think of it, it would probably be really smart to make friends with at least one neighbor in case we need anything. Oh well.
Now for pictures of the weekend... On Friday after work, we took it easy and played with the dog for a while. I know Scout secretly loves stuff like this. :)



Then on Saturday, we slept in (bliss, I tell you) and went over to Mom's house to help with her kitchen. Ryan was feeling pretty sick still so he watched football while Debbie, Steph and I helped put up wallpaper and decide on accessories. We had so much fun!
We were pretty exhausted by the end of the day though...and we felt like this:
That night, we met up with Ashley, Ellory, Kristin & Kekoa at this little hole-in-the-wall Italian place called Covinos. It was amazing!!!! We had such a fun time talking and eating lots of incredible food. We will definitely go back there again some day. I love finding new places!





On Sunday, we went to church and then lunch with Kendra (her fiance Jared was on a 5-day bachelor party trip). They're getting married this month!!! I think she needs a blog, don't you?
Okay that's about all the news for now. Happy Wednesday!!
No comments:
Post a Comment