Well, I just got out of a meeting to discuss the reorganization. And... basically upper management has barely made a dent their decisions, and we won't know for "a while". However, my boss' boss (who led the meeting for our team of 30) said that she's hopeful and reassured that we should be okay throughout this whole process because not a lot of people can do the job we do. So that made me feel better. But, it was a bit of a let down to not have a decision made either way. I've been a big stress ball this whole week, and then nothing was resolved. So I guess I'll just hang in there and do my job the best that I can, which is all I can do at this point. I just want to thank all of you for your sweet calls, texts, comments, thoughts and prayers for me this week. It's hard when you're fairly new to the corporate world and you don't know what to expect in a situation like this... But I have been carried by your prayers this week, and I appreciate all of you. [update: Steve (my boss) just bought us all ice cream... morale boost = 2 points.]
My sweet husband is taking me out on date tonight, which is something we haven't done in a while! We're going to go out to eat and then seeing "Nights in Rodanthe". I read the book and I've been wanting to see this for months!
Have a fabulous weekend, friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment