a new day.

I woke up this morning with a new perspective. I think all of the emotions of yesterday had just gotten the best of me, and it was just a bit too overwhelming to imagine myself doing anything but catalog. Today I met with my new team, and I'm really excited about it. Everyone is super laid back, friendly, and they're already talking about setting up happy hours and potlucks to get to know everyone better. Its a COMPLETELY different atmosphere from the structured, schedule-oriented catalog business, and it's kind of fun to be a part of already.

No matter what, God has obviously opened up this new opportunity for me, and I'm going to be obedient to His plan for me right now. I am now an Advertising Copywriter for the Enterprise-wide Promotions Team. Whatever that means :) All I know is that I'll be writing for in-store mailers, promotional items, newspaper inserts, etc. I've heard it's a lot of fun, so we'll see. I think I'll get to be more creative, and it'll look awesome on my resume to have this broad amount of writing experience.

See? I'm having a good attitude :) THANK YOU to everyone that was in prayer for me during those stressful hours yesterday. I am incredibly thankful that I have come out on top after the events of yesterday. Please be in prayer for those people who weren't so lucky yesterday. This is an awful economy to be looking for a job, and I just pray that they have peace and that the Lord provides them with a new opportunity.

No comments: