the wedding day post!

I woke up on Saturday feeling really excited and ready to get the show on the road :) The girls brought me some Starbucks, and we all went up to our "getting ready" suite to get pampered. My grandmother's 2 sisters brought us some brunch to enjoy, and the lovely ladies from Haute Facade came to do hair & make up. Getting 10 girls ready quickly is a challenge, I'm sure, but they were SO fast, and we were ready in no time! We all just hung out, listened to music, and chatted while other girls were getting ready. It was really nice and relaxing... I also gave the girls their REAL presents: a mini scrapbook with pictures, memories and prayers for them. It was definitely a HIT, and I think they really enjoyed them!

After a few hours, it was time to head over to the church! This is when I started getting nervous... (Not nervous to get married, but nervous to be in front of all those people!) We got to the Bride's Room, everyone got dressed, and then helped me get into my dress. We took pictures, and then anxiously awaited the big moment!!!

The moments before walking down the aisle with my dad were filled with big butterflies in my stomach! I just couldn't wait to see Ryan, because I knew I'd feel so much better and calmer with him next to me. I remember feeling so proud and thankful to see my girls walking down the aisle before me. Then it was my turn! All I remember was having this HUGE smile pasted on my face and staring at Ryan the whole time. The ceremony was mostly a blur, but I remember Mr. Machen doing a great job...along with some pretty corny jokes. Oh well :) Apparently I was "bouncing" when we were about to have our first kiss... I totally don't remember this, but at least I was excited!!

After that, it was so fun to say "I'm a wife!!!!". We took tons of pictures, and then headed over to the reception. Oh but wait... My car was TOTALLY covered with seran wrap, shoe polish, and cans attached to the exhaust. It was a pretty funny site. The reception was wonderful!! The food was great, cake was great, music, people, etc. Just wonderful! It went by way too fast, but we were so happy!

When we got up to our room, the hotel coordinator had left us some champagne, chocolate covered strawberries and other fruits for us to enjoy. It was such a nice touch!

Up next: The honeymoon post!


No comments: